ESA EXPANSION SCREW ANCHOR
AUTHORIZED SIMPSON STRONG-TIE DISTRIBUTOR
The ESA was the original internally threaded mechanical anchor design. The malleable lead shield allows for secure mounting. Cone is die cast Zamac 3 Alloy, expander shield is 3%-5% antimonial lead.
ESA PRODUCT DATA AND TENSION LOADS IN NORMAL-WEIGHT CONCRETE
- The allowable loads listed are based on a safety factor of 4.0.
- The minimum concrete thickness is 1 1/2 times the embedment depth.
- Machine bolt is not included.
PILOTED SETTING PUNCH PRODUCT DATA
- Drill a hole in the base material using the appropriate diameter carbide drill bit as specified in the table. Drill the hole to the specified embedment depth plus 1/8″ for flush mounting. Blow the hole clean using compressed air. Overhead installations need not be blown clean.
- Insert anchor into hole.
- Using a piloted setting punch, drive expander shield over cone.
- Position fixture; insert fastener and tighten.
Meets Federal Specifications A-A-1922A, Type 1, except ESA50.
Sources: ASTM Standards for Mechanical Fasteners and Related Processes 2nd Edition, Inch Fastener Standards 8th Edition, Simpson Strong-Tie Anchoring and Fastening Systems for Concrete and Masonry, StrongTie.com
Note: All material included on this page is informational only, and should not be used as one’s sole source for design purposes. STS Industrial, Inc. and its affiliates do not guarantee the accuracy of the information on this site, and retain no liability for the use or misuse of the information contained on this site.