FIG 271 PIPE ROLL STAND
|The Figure 271 Pipe Roll Stand is designed for the support of pipe where longitudinal movement due to expansion and contraction may occur but where no vertical adjustment is required.|
|2″ through 42″|
|Cast Iron Roll and Stand, Plain or Galvanized|
|450° F at Roller|
|ASME B31.1, Federal Specification A-A-1192A (Type 44), WW-H-171-E (Type 45), ANSI/MSS-SP-69 and MSS SP-58 (Type 44).|
|Refer to Fig 75SD and 76SD for additional pipe roll designs.|
DIMENSIONS & LOADS:
- Two cored holes for anchorage bolts are provided on all sizes for fastening stands to structural supports, piers, floors, etc.
- In addition, cored holes “N” at the four corners of the stand are provided for anchorage purposes.
- The two cored holes on sizes 2″ to 6″ are on the outside of the stand (see dotted lines and dimension “J”).
- On all other sizes, the holes are inside of uprights (see dimension J).
- If the roll s to support non-insulated pipe, select the size directly from the nominal pipe size (column 1) in the table under the “Dimensions & Loads” tab.
- If roll is to support covered pipe, the O.D. of the covering should not be greater than the O.D of the pipe for which the roll was designed.
- If used with pipe covering protection saddle, see tables below for size of pipe roll. Choose pipe size in left column, then find the figure number of the saddle to be used, and finally follow the corresponding row right to the “Size of Pipe Roll” data.
- Specify pipe roll size.
- Order should include figure number, name and finish in all cases.
- Be certain to order oversized rolls when insulation and protection saddles make it necessary.
PRODUCT CROSS REFERENCE¹:
Carpenter & Paterson Figure 17 Piping Technology Figure 230 PHD Figure 486 B-LINE Figure B3117SL
¹Product loads, weights, and dimensions may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Products may not be identical in material, size, or shape. The Product Cross Reference is a guide for the product application only.
Note: All material included on this page is informational only, and should not be used as one’s sole source for design purposes. STS Industrial, Inc. and its affiliates do not guarantee the accuracy of the information on this site, and retain no liability for the use or misuse of the information contained on this site.
Sources: Anvil International Pipe Hangers and Supports, Carpenter and Paterson Pipe Support Hardware