MODEL GM CLIPS (GALVANIZED)
Attach devices to grating surface.
The Model GM-12 Clip is a galvanized assembly of parts that can be used as a stable base on which to mount other devices to a grating surface. The Model GM Grating Clip includes a 1/2″-13 stud in 3″ or 5″ length.
Model GM Grating Clips can be installed entirely from above the grating surface.
- Hold the device from its upper stud’s end, and allow the bottom stamped piece to fit down into, and below, the grating’s lower surface.
- Rotate the assembly 90 degrees, allowing the lower unit wings to trap under the grating bars, preventing further turning of the bottom.
- Then pull upward on the stud, and hold.
- Turn the upper plate clockwise until tight, using either a 2″ open end wrench, or a GM installation tool.
- Mount desired device to the exposed threaded stud.
Most larger devices, such as panel enclosures, require 4 mounting devices. Each model GM-1/2″ can withstand 1,000 pounds of upward pulling force without distorting any of its parts.
Sources: ASTM Standards for Mechanical Fasteners and Related Processes 2nd Edition, Inch Fastener Standards 8th Edition, Kanebridge Fastener Reference Guide 4th Edition, GClips.com
Note: All material included on this page is informational only, and should not be used as one’s sole source for design purposes. STS Industrial, Inc. and its affiliates do not guarantee the accuracy of the information on this site, and retain no liability for the use or misuse of the information contained on this site.